Error on CWS Install

Dec 4, 2009 at 10:12 PM

Pardon me ahead of time...I am new to Umbraco (this is my first day), and the answer might be right in front of me and I'm missing it.

I've installed Umbraco and its running fine, however from the Admin pane, when I install Creative Website Starter 2.0.2 I get the following error on install. Does this make any sense to anyone? I'm at a loss.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'cws_contact'  Key being added: 'cws_contact'

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'cws_contact'  Key being added: 'cws_contact'

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'cws_contact'  Key being added: 'cws_contact']
System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add) +2836355
System.Collections.Hashtable.Add(Object key, Object value) +11
umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.initTemplateAliases() +183
umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.set_Alias(String value) +151
umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.InstallBusinessLogic(Int32 packageId, String tempDir) +1608
umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.processInstall(String currentStep) +194
umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +331
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +13
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +45
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +80
umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +13
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +49
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3701

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.42

Coordinator
Dec 5, 2009 at 10:34 AM

Hello GraveShow,
This happens when you try to install the CWS package when it is already installed or parts of it installed.

Unfortunately to resolve the problem you need to start with a clean database and start a fresh with the installation of umbraco.
http://umbracocws.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=51691

If you have any more problems or questions please let me know.

Warren :)

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Thanks Warren.

I did as you instructed, started fresh and got the following...I'll give it another try starting fresh, then I may just give up. LOL

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.Import(Int32 ParentId, User Creator, XmlElement Source) +350
umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.InstallBusinessLogic(Int32 packageId, String tempDir) +4187
umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.processInstall(String currentStep) +180
umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +336
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +43
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +73
umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +16
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +52
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2153

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Appolgies GraveShaw that you are experiencing problems with CWS & Umbraco.

Can you give me some details about your setup please:

• What Operating System
  • What Version of IIS
  • Did you install Umbraco manually or via Web Platform Installer?
  • What database type are you using, SQL, mySQL, VistaDB ?
  • Did you install Runway when setting up CWS (As this can cause problems)

Video showing how to install CWS
http://vimeo.com/4398440

Once again with this error, I would start again with a clean database (delete it & recreate an empty database) along with the site files (delete them & unzip from folder).

Please let me know how you get on.

Warren

Dec 7, 2009 at 4:12 PM

Warren,

No worries. Basically I've been tasked with testing CMS platforms for my company, and have already ruled out WordPress and Joomla (if you say PHP near anyone in our IT dept, its akin to farting in church), so the remainder of my list (for now) is Umbraco, DotNetNuke (not yet tried) and SharePoint (Ugh..dont want to try).

I'm installing everything local on my laptop (not important, but just in case, Dell XPS MT530)

OS: XP Service Pack 3 with the default Umbraco 4.0.2.1 Install (UltiDev Cassini, VistaDB, .NET Framework). I know theres a new Umbraco 4.0.3 for download, but I get an error that the VistaDB files are missing when I try to use that one.

I tried a fresh install with Runway, another without Runway, and for good measure did each again just to be sure.

For the "fresh install", I delete everything from Umbraco and restart the install from the base zip files.

-Chuck (aka Graveshow)

Dec 7, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Warren,

Looks like the 400th time is the charm

I uninstalled Umbraco and everything else a few more times and tried again...and now all of a sudden it works. I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth, wont question why, I'll just be happy for it.

Thanks for all your help!

-Chuck