Modifying Site Name Font

Apr 30, 2009 at 1:05 PM
Hello, Warren,

I have successfully installed CWS. Although most things are going smoothly, I am having a few problems. I was able to change the background color and font colors for most of the home page. However, I am having trouble locating the styles for the broad pink letters of the Site Name and making that area wide enough so that the full name of my site - "JMS Online" - will fit onto a single line. Currently it is broken into 3 lines, JMS/Onlin/e. Also, when attempting to bring up the "Faq" page, I receive a Runtime error.

Regards,
Lon Diffenderfer
(Diffie)
Apr 30, 2009 at 1:10 PM
Hello Lon,
Thanks for installing CWS2

Have you downloaded the PDF documentation as this metniosn how to change the colour, font of that pink text. It is using a method called sIFR.

I recommend you read through the documentation first before you have any questions regarding that.

To make it onto one line use CSS to change the width of that area. I recommend you use the FireFox addon Firebug that allows you to inspect CSS and XHTML and change it on the fly - www.getfirebug.com

There is no FAQ page in the CWS2 site. Have you created this page?

Warren

Apr 30, 2009 at 1:28 PM
Edited Apr 30, 2009 at 1:29 PM
Warren,

Thanks for the reply. I did not realize there is a PDF help file. I'll get that straight away. I've never heard of the sIFR method. I hope it's not too complicated. Thanks for the tip about "Firebug" as well. And my bad on the Faq. I downloaded it from the umbraco site. I'll check there for help on that issue.

Regards,
Lon