Comments on News or Events page

Nov 2, 2008 at 1:08 AM
Hi Warren,
Really helpful tool you made here. You shortend my investigation time sure for few weeks.

Has anybody or do you planning to add possibility for site visitors to add comments for News. So my scenario is simple:
I want to add some news on my website, but I want users (not registered), visitors, to be able to add comments.

Best regards
Veki  
Coordinator
Nov 19, 2008 at 10:47 AM
Hello Veki, sorry for the late reply (Codeplex has not been sending me notficiation emails!)
Thank you, it's good to hear that CWS has helped your learning experience with Umbraco.

I do not plan to add comment functionality to news items in the CWS package. It is possible to do with Umbraco, I recommend searching for AutoForm on google or on the forums this will help you do what you want to do.

Warren
Nov 19, 2008 at 10:56 AM
Cool Warren
I did not yet try AutoForm, but I solved posting comments with Ajax comments made by PeterD
http://www.dijksterhuis.nu/blog/2008/6/29/ajax-comments.aspx

Best regards :)

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2008 at 10:58 AM

Hey Veki, glad you got it all solved.

Warren

Sent: 19 November 2008 11:56
To: Warren Buckley
Subject: Re: Comments on News or Events page [umbracowebsitewizard:39015]

Cool Warren
I did not yet try AutoForm, but I solved posting comments with Ajax comments made by PeterD
http://www.dijksterhuis.nu/blog/2008/6/29/ajax-comments.aspx

Best regards :)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (umbracowebsitewizard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email umbracowebsitewizard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com