Error Installing CWS 2.0.2

Mar 26, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Hi all,

I am new to Umbraco and the CWS project and have encountered an issue installing the package.  When attempting to load the package using the "Install Local Package" option (after downloading the latest .zip from Codeplex), a 500.0 Internal server exception is returned due to request time out. 

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.

Source Error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Request timed out.

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.]

I traced the query using httpwatch and the following GET is what caused the exception:

http://localhost:18148/umbraco/developer/packages/installer.aspx?installing=businesslogic&dir=C:\Users\Mark\Documents\My%20Web%20Sites\Umbraco%20CMS\App_Data\e5023f15-4e0a-4635-bc98-09ad3a49458b&pId=4

I installed Umbraco today using the MS Web PI.  Umbraco version is umbraco v 4.7.0 (Assembly version: 1.0.4090.21631)

The entire installation is installed on my personal laptop which is running Windows 7 Ultimate.  MS SQL CE was the option chosen for the database and .NET framework v4.0.30319 was installed during the installation process along with IIS Express.

I have tried uninstalling the package and re-installing with no luck.  I suspect this maybe a permissions related error, so any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Many thanks in advance,

Mark

ps; Can't wait to get the site up and running so I can start learning and playing with Umbraco and CWS.....the work you have done on this Warren looks first class!

Jun 20, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Hello Mark,

I have the same issue, did you get it resolved, if so any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Triam

Jun 21, 2011 at 4:57 PM
Hi Triam,
No, I never did to be honest... I parked the issue due to other commitments, but it is still very much outstanding. If you do manage to get to the bottom of it, I would be very grateful to know what the root cause was! :)
Mark

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 6:08 PM, triambukh <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello Mark,

I have the same issue, did you get it resolved, if so any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Triam

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (umbracocws@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email umbracocws@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com