Intallation CWS

Mar 12, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Hello All,

I have an issue installing CWS version 2.0.2, in a clean installation of umbraco 4.1bII , umbraco installation is clean with nothing on it, first package CWS. I download CWS from codeplex and installed and also I run the install again with other clean installation de umbraco, both times the same error. if somebody can helpe me, please. I will appreciate it.  (XPSP3 IIS5. ASP3.5, MSSQL2008EXPRESS)

thank you.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   UmbracoExamine.Providers.LuceneExamineIndexer.GetDataToIndex(XElement node) +103
   UmbracoExamine.Providers.LuceneExamineIndexer.AddNodesToIndex(String xPath, IndexType type) +146
   UmbracoExamine.Providers.LuceneExamineIndexer.IndexAll(IndexType type) +697
   UmbracoExamine.Providers.LuceneExamineIndexer.RebuildIndex() +330
   UmbracoExamine.Providers.LuceneExamineIndexer.AddSingleNodeToIndex(XElement node, IndexType type) +103
   UmbracoExamine.Providers.LuceneExamineIndexer.ReIndexNode(XElement node, IndexType type) +74
   UmbracoExamine.Core.ExamineManager._ReIndexNode(XElement node, IndexType type, IEnumerable`1 providers) +78
   UmbracoExamine.Core.UmbracoEventManager.Document_AfterSave(Document sender, SaveEventArgs e) +157
   umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.FireAfterSave(SaveEventArgs e) in c:\source\branches\4.1.0\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\web\Document.cs:1504
   umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.Save() in c:\source\branches\4.1.0\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\web\Document.cs:554
   umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.MakeNew(String Name, DocumentType dct, User u, Int32 ParentId) in c:\source\branches\4.1.0\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\web\Document.cs:857
   umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.Import(Int32 ParentId, User Creator, XmlElement Source) in c:\source\branches\4.1.0\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\web\Document.cs:1374
   umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.InstallBusinessLogic(Int32 packageId, String tempDir) in c:\source\branches\4.1.0\umbraco\cms\businesslogic\Packager\Installer.cs:383
   umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.processInstall(String currentStep) in c:\source\branches\4.1.0\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\developer\Packages\installer.aspx.cs:208
   umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\source\branches\4.1.0\umbraco\presentation\umbraco\developer\Packages\installer.aspx.cs:48
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) in c:\source\branches\4.1.0\umbraco\businesslogic\BasePages\BasePage.cs:313
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +
Mar 15, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Hello vvsupport,

Thank you for wanting to try out CWS 2.0.2 on Umbraco, however as Umbraco v4 beta2 is not a stable release there is no current support for it.
However I am looking into this and will test this again when another beta or RC is released from the umbraco core team.

If you wish to use Umbraco & CWS in a production environment I recommend you use the latest stable release from Umbraco, which is version 4.0.3

Warren

Mar 18, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Warren,

Thank you for answer the question. I will tray on 4.0.3.